Creating an app for iPhone may seem really tough. But in reality, it’s much easier then one can think. Developing an app successfully requires some technical knowledge such as such that of coding, understanding the program developer and using it effectively and efficiently for the app and much more. Now it’s possible to make it to the app as per the requirement just by following a few step in an iOS Development Company.
iOS Development Company – Procedure
Step 1: Getting Xcode
- Xcode is the software developer provided by Apple in macOS. All the iPhone apps are created in the integrated development environment of Xcode.It contains the tools for Creating an App for iPhone using which apps can be created and designed easily for iPad, macOS, iPhones etc. But it is necessary to have a MAC rather than Android or Windows computer because it is available in the MAC App Store only.
- Download and install the latest version of Xcode to get going.
- For downloading Xcode “go” to the app store in the MAC Computer
- “Search” for “Xcode” in the app store
- Click on the application and chose “download”
- The application is pretty big(approximately 4 GB) so make sure to fully charge the battery and a good and fast internet connection.
Step 2: Put a Glimpse on the sample projects
It is quite obvious that distributing the app on the app store will be one of the topmost priorities after the app is developed. To distribute the app on the app store, the basic necessity will be of developing an account on the Apple Developer. It would charge a certain amount of fee and would be requiring bank and tax information. Following which one would be having an access to some resources of Apple. These resources include sample projects that are preferably helpful for getting a clear understanding of Creating an App for iPhone in an iOS Development Company.
Step 3: Decide what to do before starting with the preparation of the app
Before beginning with the Creating an App for iPhone, it is advisable to categorize the audience. After that one has to list down the things or prepare a specific blueprint for the future app. It will include what does one want to include in the app, for an instance, the photos, graphics, designs, content one would like to see in the app.
To start with developing the app it will be better if one has some knowledge of Objective-C. It is a programming language including syntax and functions for creating an app for apple. One can also familarize themselves with Swift which is like Objective-C, having modern features and tools.
Step 4: Start preparing the app with Xcode
To start preparing the app
- First go to “New Project” in the File Menu
- Select”Application” under the iOS heading
- Choose “Empty Template” from the Template section(After understanding how the basic structure works the other templates can be used easily)
- Put the name and other details related to the app.
- Select iPhone from the menu.
Step 5: Proceed to create the Storyboard
Storyboard will help while visualizing the app. It can monitor the design, the look, the transitions in between each step and the content of the app.
Storyboard will help in creating the app as per the requirement. To start with the app
- Click “File” followed by “New” and again “File”
- Select “User Interface” under an iOS heading.
- Choose “Storyboard” and then click “Next.”
- Select “iPhone” from the Devices Menu and name it, making sure that the location is same as your project.
- Once one will be ready with The Storyboard it will be applicable to the main interface of the app. It will act as a main face of the application.
Step 6: Assigning the Storyboard as the main Interface
- Select the project name from the Navigation menu.
- Select the respective project from the target list from the target heading in the mainframe.
- After finding the Deployment Information section in the General tab enter the project storyboard in the “Main Interface” text section.
- The “View Controllers” object from the Object Library in the Navigation menu of the project is easy for detecting how the viewers view the app and the content.
The first outlook for the app is complete now. The viewer will be able to view it as soon as he/she opens the app.
Step 7: Add the Interface objects to the screen
The interface objects are in the “Objects Library” which includes text, buttons, labels. It is extremely easy to place them on the first screen of the app. For adding the objects drag them to the scene. The objects that one selects are easy to customize in terms of color, size, background according to the maker’s choice.
With the dragging and the viewer controller objects, one can easily add the additional screens onto the blank canvas.
One can use Navigation Bar for allowing the user of the app with the moving of back and forth within the screens while engaging with the app.
Step 8: Running or testing the App
- To begin with the iOS Simulator for specifically test the app in an iOS development company. First of all, one has to choose “Simulator and Debug” from the drop-down menu in Xcode. Next, choose the device in which testing of an app will take place.
- Proceed to the “Build icon” which helps to run the app. After the building process is complete the app is free for running and testing in the Simulator.
- It is easy to test the app on other devices. External users can also test it after the creation of Ad-Hoc Certificate on the iOS Dev Center Site.
- Archive the app by selecting “Product” then “Archive” from the menu.
- Open the iTunes Connect Dashboard and proceed to “Add A New App” and do the needful as necessary.
- One can go back to Xcode Organiser and then archives and select submit button.
Wait for the app to upload after a few weeks after Apple approves it. This is how Creating an App for iPhone is carried out in an iOS Development Company. With this article, we have given an in-depth procedure of the same.