Back in the year, 1971, students studying in the institutes such as Stanford University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology experimented about selling Cannabis online. At that time, it was a new kind of dealing in that era. Not as a controversy, but, it was seen as “the seminal act of e-commerce”. It led to the development of e-commerce concept and starting from that day, e-commerce developed as one of the most preferred shopping platforms by people across the globe.
Electronic commerce, relates to trading facilitation for every stakeholder through an online network, which is commonly the internet. An e-commerce development service plays a significant role in trading. Of course, commerce is a vast area that needs greatest skills of business persons in addition to the immense experience. But, when it comes to the development of the platform, where e-commerce can be done, a great expertise in the development of software and application using several programming languages is required.
At present, an e-commerce development service needs to be capable of developing the e-commerce platform that can be accessed through any of the devices and through any of the software or applications. Commonly, an e-commerce development service prefers to have open source platform for the purpose.
Below are the trending open source e-commerce platforms.
- WooCommerce & WP e-commerce: Both, WooCommerce and WP e-commerce are plugins that can convert a WordPress site into an e-commerce store. One need not to change a WordPress website entirely to have and customize into an e-commerce store. Due to the popularity of WordPress in the recent past and, the rise of e-commerce stores as new marketplace collectively led to the usage of both of the WordPress plugins.
- Drupal Commerce: It is e-commerce app and built on Drupal CMS that allows the addition of third-party app extensions.
- Magento: Magento is another free, one of the most popular sources, and entirely a different version of e-commerce itself.
- PrestaShop: PrestaShop is written in PHP and based on designing the templates. It is also one of the most popular platforms among e-commerce development service for e-commerce.
- OpenCart: Like PHP, OpenCart is also written in PHP and known for its maximum number of payment gateways integration.
- Spree Commerce: As mentioned, it is among the open sources. This e-commerce solution is based on Ruby on Rails. It is translated into more than 30 languages.
Now, if we look at an e-commerce development service, there can be listed as many options for e-commerce development that started with a simple idea, open sources are fits into a category that provides trading solutions to merchants to fill their utmost needs.Tags: Ecommerce Development Services
Categorised in: ecommerce development services
This post was written by WeDoWebApps