By 2019, there will be 2.7 billion smartphone users across the globe, as per Statista.
The credits to this ever-increasing count of mobile phones go to the Android technology that made it available across the masses and that too in the affordable range.
These days, when the majority of businesses are moving towards an android app development: probably you thought to get one for your business.
That’s an amazing idea!
But before diving in, let me remind you, as per Statista, by 2019, there are 2.6 million apps on Google Play Store alone. Normally, every Android user has at least 40 apps installed in their smart devices and on – an average they use only 9 of them.
When designing and development of an attractive and engaging app is one worry, getting the expected ROI in another. So, even if you get your enterprise app designed, you need to think about the ways to boost customer engagement.
Consider these 3 factors when looking for app development for your business:
1. Platform selection:
Though this sounds very generic, you must refer the stats for same. While exploring and analyzing your website visitors, you can get an idea of the platform that can be adequate for your business.
Android surely gonna be your answer, because of the growing user base. But, the queries like whether you should consider cross-platform development at this stage of your business or not can be solved by your analytics scores only. Ask yourself the goal of your application: if it’s branding or enhancing engagement or to support some products you’ve launched. You may talk to your marketing team, before going ahead.
Also, check for the profitability of different development methodologies. It could be native, mobile web development or hybrid app development. Selecting the right platform can help you solve half of the puzzle.
2. Reduce the size of your android apps:
Unlike laptops and desktops, mobile phones do have limited memories. Though these days, mobiles are getting the huge internal and external memory, the usability has also equally increased. The smaller and efficient is the app, greater will be the downloads. When you are looking ahead to offer rich quality content to your users, the app size automatically grows.
That’s a challenge!
Anyways, you don’t want to reduce your app downloads, just because of the warnings like this:
And, that’s why you must consider reducing your app size. You can follow the practices like:
- Breakdown your APK: Have you heard of “Always eat in chunks”. Well, that’s the same practice here. You can use certain software that can break your APK into smaller chunks. These chunks will separate your Java class files, compiled resources, and resource files. This entire data will be then divided into distinct directories.
- Upload with Android app Bundles: New upload format of Android app bundle can help you minimize the app size. It is based on dynamic delivery, so your users will need the memory to install the code only. Once installed, the requirement of memory will grow as per the usage by the user. So, the functionalities are freshly served.
3. Optimize your android app for large-screen devices:
Designing a great UI/UX of the applications is one of the huge factors of the android app development. In the same process, app responsiveness for multiple devices is checked.
However, the trend of large screen devices enhanced the fan following of android technology. These days people love device mobility, so neither they want to stick to desktop computers/ laptops all day long, nor they can keep their work pending. In this scenario, large screen devices help a lot in multi-tasking. From work (making presentations, creating content, etc.) to entertainment (gaming, watching movies, etc.) large screen devices improves productivity and user engagement. Walking through the below practices, you can enrich dynamic responsive layouts of your android apps:
- Start from a large screen: Consider designing an image: when you draw a larger one you can always make its compact version. But, if you start small, the interface of the larger version will look very plain and not so tempting. When designing, start thinking from large screens like tablets. So, you won’t suffer because of the designing quality you took for small screen devices.
- Use extra space: Don’t add a lot of content on your screen, neither keep a lot of blank space. You need to maintain the between the content and the white space. However, it would be better to have extra space on your screen, so you can use it to add some field if you forgot earlier.
- Check for orientation: As a user, you mostly hold the mobile in a portrait mode, but when it comes to playing games or watching movies you prefer landscape mode. Think with the same way while optimizing your android apps. Allow users to leverage the benefits of a large screen.
At this stage, we believe you have already decided the end goal of your app. Wanna dive in the competition of this app world? You can always connect with us to discuss the factors that can add profitability to your business. If you are thinking about Android, IoS and Windows app development, you can always count on us. We are also an iOS app development company that can help you further in acquiring your smart device users.Tags: hybrid app development , mobile web development ,
Categorised in: Android App Development , Mobile Development ,
Service that used : Android App Development
This post was written by WeDoWebApps