Out of most eCommerce platforms, Magento 2 has become one of the most chosen in the Magento marketplace.
It not only allows people to run their online stores, but offers a unified dashboard to manage multiple stores. So, it eliminates using individual software to maintain the online store. Additionally, Magento 2 also comes with numerous advanced features, and integrating withiit t the store can increase the overall exposure and appeal.
With a wide range of functionality, the Magento 2 offers better performance to meet the demands of large, medium, and small enterprises. ‘With 1.2% websites in the CMS market, Magento has become the ninth most popular platform.
Although this new release has many benefits, you can only enjoy them after a successful migration from Magento 1 to Magento 2.
Migrating from one version of Magento to another might sound to be easy, but the real problems start when you plan to migrate theme and data from Magento 1 to Magento 2. Most often, in rare cases, the prime reason for encountering the hardships is due to theme configuration mismatch in Magento migration.
Not sure of how to do Magento Theme Migration? Well, we check out this detailed guide where you get to know everything about Magento Theme Migration in detail.
What Is Magento Multi-Store Website?
Magento generally uses the GWS term to indicate the ability to handle several stores with a single installation. As per the statistics, it can handle almost $155 billion transactions a year. However, the GWS refers to the initial letters of Global, Website, and Store. Let’s discuss the three major components of GWS below.
The global mainly refers to the entire platform of the installation.
After the Magento installation, you can handle one website, mainly the ‘Main Website.’ It is the domain the user will use for the business website. Each website or domain can handle several Magento stores with a single installation.
The section where you will find the product catalog. The user may set up several virtual stores in single or more domains.
Magento Store Views
It allows customers to shop at several stores. The store views are the presentation of the front-end data that will further give your e-commerce store several storefront designs. Almost every e-commerce store uses this specific feature to obtain stores in several languages.
Setting up the Magento Multi-Store website is essential before you start importing catalogs and goods. You can set up the inventories internationally across enterprise sites and stores with professional Magento migration services. In addition, it displays whether the products are available or out of stock.
Hence, you must use a specific tool that will wishfully develop multiple inventories.
However, whether you migrate customer data or the entire Magento store, you should hire professionals for seamless cost-effective and flawless, Magento store migration services.
Why Should You Utilize the Magento Multi-Store Website?
The Magento 2 Multi-Store is mainly designed for those retailers who wish to sell their products in several countries or have several brands to handle.
Hence, Magento 2 Multi-Store website benefits retailers who own several brands or wish to expand their online businesses. As per the data, businesses that utilize Magento have seen 3 times faster growth than other businesses.
Furthermore, a Magento multi-store is mainly an independent marketplace with a single Magento 2 shopping cart. Therefore, it is an excellent solution for the independent online store as you will get a common shopping cart which simplifies online selling. Here, we will share some significant reasons for using the Magento Multi-Store Website.
Full Control For The Administrator
One panel can handle only a single website in a single e-shop. But, in a multi-store environment, a merchant can manage everything from one administrator panel. So, the administrator gets complete control over their online stores to manage them more efficiently.
The online store manager cannot control each backend in the multi-shop mode. All sellers in the online shop have protected access to their specific departments.
So, it facilitates the process of maintaining and uploading goods and settings. So, the website owner has complete control over the entire backend with a single online store option.
Specialized Customer Base Targets
In a single e-shop, building individual and unique user groups is impossible. Additionally, you cannot adequately target every client base to get improved website traffic.
But, you can effortlessly target every customer base with individual virtual retail sales. For example, you can consider an e-commerce website for clothing separated into online retails for children, men, and women.
Localization Is Strongly Followed
Localization involves tailoring to the different client groups your store serves. For instance, you can create an online store to cater to customers who speak different languages. Otherwise, you can set up country-specific online stores in the countries where you have your stores.
With the help of the Multi-Store option, you can rent out additional space on the business website for items from other sellers, same way as Amazon does. However, you will not get this option when you opt for the one virtual store. It will narrow the assortments of available products, limiting memory size of the audiences and sales.
Diversification With Connection to More Brands
When you have a single brand to run, your traffic is limited by suboptimal sales and a lack of transparency in the hosted categories. However, with brand differentiation in multiple store environments, your store can catch the attention of more clients to boost overall revenue.
Improved Payment Structure
The seller account administrator will receive all the payments when you enable the Multi-Store option. Then, the administrator will check the total cost and fees and transfer them to the suppliers. But, when you have single online retail, all the payments will be transferred to the merchant account of the admin.
Organized Shipping Management Rules
In the single store, the website owner is responsible for all customer orders. As a result, shipping is not easier because every vendor will set shipping charges.
But the multiple-store is more convenient and less complicated than the single-store option. It is so because the vendors handle all the customers’ orders single-handedly without the help of the website owner.
Process of Setting Up Magento Multi-Store Website
As per the statistics, Magento is currently powering 1.2% of websites on the Internet. The latest version, Magento 2 is known for user-friendliness, compatibility with different plug-ins, and customizability.
Furthermore, Magento 2 has come up with a built-in feature that helps business owners to handle several websites using a single platform. The feature of Magento 2 grants the users the user admin user accounts to the users view and fully control the e-commerce websites.
Consider getting professional Magento migration services to complete the process seamlessly. Here, we will share the process of setting up the Magento Multi-Store website.
Stage 1: Choose the E-Store Domain
The first step is to identify how you will place the Magento store. Next, you must answer the following questions to plan a solid strategy for selecting the Magento Store domain.
- Will the Magento stores share the same domain?
- Will the stores have separate domains?
- Do they have their individual subdomain?
For every online store, you must do any of the following:
- Setting up a specific domain of the primary domain.
- You do not need to do anything to put the store under the primary domain.
- Setting up a separate primary domain.
Stage 2: Integrate the New Store
- First, you need to go to the Admin panel, where you first select stores.
- Find the settings option and after that, you need to click on the ‘All Stores’ option.
- After that, tap on the ‘Create Store’ option.
- Now, you have to choose the specific website for the new store’s parent site. However, if there is a single website, use the default’ Main Website’ option.
- Once done, for internal reference, you must put the new store’s name.
- Navigate to the Root Category Field and set the root category for a primary menu of the new store.
- You will find the developed root categories in the dropdown list from which you can choose any for your online store.
- Lastly fill in all the necessary details of the store and click on the ‘save store’ option.
Stage 3: Prepare A Default Store View
- In this step, you need to add the default store view by clicking on the ‘Create Store View.’
- Once done, you can effortlessly complete the step. But first, you must assign the old store to the new one you just created.
- Choose a name for the new store for the view. Next, y
- After this, type all the codes using lower characters and opt for the ‘Enabled’ option for the status.
- Now, you need to specify your Sort Order.
- The store view information will pop up on your screen, where you must fill in every necessary detail.
- Lastly, you need to save all the changes and settings you made by clicking on the ‘Save Store View’ to see the final result.
Common Steps For Migration A Pre-Existing Multi-Store to Magento
With the help of the data migration tool, you can perform the activity from a multi-store on any other CMS platform to that of a Magento 2 store. It offers accuracy and improved security patches in some hours. However, you must ensure that you have successfully set up the Multi-Store on Magento before starting the data migration process.
To help you understand the migration process, we will give you a step-by-step guide on migrating a pre-existing Multi-Store to a Magento store.
Step 1: Set Up Cart Functions
- In this step, you can set up WooCommerce as the source cart while selecting Magento 2 as the Target Cart.
- Put the URL of those carts in the corresponding plank bars.
- Download and install the data migration tool to the Magento store and WooCommerce root folder by FTP.
- Apply the action to the target and source. It further builds a solid connection between the Magento store and the WooCommerce store to get your data migrated.
Step 2: Select The Entity
- You must not ignore database entities. So, choose what database entities you wish to migrate.
- Always consider transferring all the data simultaneously to preserve the links between these data perfectly. However, Store Mapping is one of the most crucial parts when discussing the additional option to increase the possibility of Migration.
The Mapping section will help you display the data in the Magento 2 store correspondingly. First, you must choose all the stores correctly created in the ‘Set Up Part.’ After that, the data migration tool automatically will map the data to the Magento Multi-Store.
Step 3: Proceed With Multi-Store to Magento 2 Multi-Store Migration
- In this final step, you must migrate the multi-store to the Magento store.
- Select the free demo option to verify the accuracy of the data migration process with various database entities. Otherwise, you can proceed with the Full Migration by skipping the demo.
- Once the data migration begins, it will run on the server seamlessly. Hence, you do not have to keep your system on while data migration process. In addition, you can turn off the system without worrying about losing product data. When the process will be complete, you will receive an email.
Best Solutions For Migration Magento 1.9 Multi-Store Website Into Magento 2
Magento migration services refer to migrating the existing Magento 1 store to the Magento 2 store. It is a time-consuming, complicated, and daunting task. But, however, it is crucial for every business to reap the maximum benefits of the exciting features of Magento 2. As per the statistics, beyond 270,000 online merchants prefer Magento 2 to run their e-commerce store.
We have already discussed the reasons behind data migration from Magento 1 to Magento 2 store. But, often, a problem or error message occurs during the migration process. It happens due to a lack of best practices. To help you deal with the errors, we will share the best solutions you must consider while migrating Magento 1.9 Multi-Store Website into Magento 2.
Develop A Migration Plan
Proper planning is the key to successful Magento migration. It implies that you must consider different aspects of the online store to understand what you need to migrate. Some things that you have to keep in mind are the admin user accounts, product catalog, customer data, store configuration, theme, and customization.
Prepare the Testing Environment
When you have a solid Magento migration plan, you need to prepare the right testing environment. It is a place where you can check out the migration process before you perform it on the live site. Then, when you do it, you can identify potential errors and resolve them to avoid further problems.
Now, it is time to migrate the theme to Magento 2. You must rigorously follow the instructions when doing theme migration, as it is tricky. Once the theme migration is over, you can install the new extensions again.
As per the statistics, there are over 3500 Magento extensions available on Magento marketplace. However, you need to be careful as you have to install only the extensions compatible with the Magento 2 store.
After you install the theme and extensions, you can begin with the functionality customization process of your Magento store. It involves things such as setting up shipping options and payment methods. Then, you can migrate the store information, and data to the Magento 2 store when you get the basic functionality.
Information and Data Migration
As you transfer all your settings and store data, it is one of the essential steps in the delta migration process. Magento 2 offers a specific data migration tool like a command line interface to complete the delta migration task.
With the help of the command line interface, you can transfer the data. However, it is always crucial to have a backup to avoid an error message that says mention destination documents and affected data.
Database Testing and Synchronization
Before you go live, it is the last step that you must not ignore to ensure successful Magento 2 migration. In this final step, you can check whether everything is running smoothly. Make sure to review everything one last time to spot any error before launching your new store. It involves testing customer accounts, orders, products, etc.
Now, it is time to go live after you check everything including the database testing and synchronization. Then, you can proceed with the Magento 2 store launching process on a live server.
Following these steps will help you migrate Magento 1 to Magento 2 without much hassle. Also, you can avoid potential errors and ensure you can run your new store as soon as possible.
Why Doesn’t Magento 1 Theme Work On Magento 2?
During the Magento 2 theme migration, you cannot take the current theme of your store to the Magento 2. It is impossible due to the improved functionalities and features of the Magento 2 store. Hence, you have to find a new theme for the new store. Additionally, you have to redo the customizations you created for the last storefront design.
However, you can purchase a ready-made theme to minimize the workload. After that, you just have to install, test, and make all necessary customization.
You will find a few themes with style guides and built-in extensions that will ease customization and speed up Magento migration. However, it is worth noting that Magento 2 theme has improved code structure and works faster. Hence, it is easy to get better performance with Magento 2 themes.
Potential Errors Noticeable For Theme Configuration Mismatch
When developers migrate the Magento 1 store to Magento 2, they encounter problems with the current theme they created for the existing site. As a result, the new site name often works perfectly on the dev server while showing issues on the live server after the Magento 1 migration.
The problem occurs in both Magento 2.3 and Magento 2.3.4 migration. But you can resolve both using simple tips that we will share below.
Issues With Magento 2.3 Migration
- A significant issue with the Magento 2.3 Migration is that you will not find every extension here. Every big update in Magento eventually leads to mass third-party Magento extension updates. Therefore, not many Magento extension providers are coping with the update.
- Another potential issue of the Magento 2.3 Migration is that it is challenging for beginners to handle. As it comes with numerous features, there will be a proper introduction to the several composer packages. Additionally, it will cost an individual more than a regular update.
Issues With Magento 2.3.4 Migration
- Magento 2.3.4 offers six different security patches, including three critical patches. However, fixing a specific bug in the SQL can lead to security vulnerability and data leakage. As a result, it could allow arbitrary code injection.
- Additionally, the security vulnerability can allow cross-scripting, which individuals can use to reveal confidential information. So, there is a high chance that the attackers will take advantage of this problem.
How To Handle Theme Configuration Mismatch Issues Properly?
As you plan for the theme migration, handling the theme configuration mismatch issues is crucial. But, you can find a solution beforehand to avoid the theme configuration mismatch problem to ensure successful Migration. Below, we will share some things that you must keep in your mind during the migration process.
Review Your Available Data
Reviewing your available data and checking all the discrepancies or errors is crucial. It is essential when migrating from the old store because the dataset may become corrupted over the period. Additionally, you must ensure you know what data you wish to migrate and how you will structure the data in the Magento 2 store.
Use the Correct Tool For Migration
Consider what data migration tool you will use to migrate the stored data. There are some options with advantages and disadvantages. So, be careful when selecting the data migration tool that will suit your requirements.
Test The Solutions Consistently
Before going live with the new store, you need to check whether everything works great. It includes testing orders, products, customer accounts, etc. In addition, it is a crucial step to ensure everything is migrated to the Magento 2 store correctly.
Take Professional Help For Migration
If you do not have the proper knowledge and skills, it is best to avoid doing the Migration yourself. In this case, you must hire a Magento expert with experience and proper skills to get Magento migration services. The professional will help you plan and execute your Migration to ensure everything goes perfectly.
A few aspects of the Magento 2 Multi-Store format can be challenging and require more than a basic understanding to run an operation. It takes practice and effort to do it perfectly and handle theme configuration mismatch.
However, you must follow the steps, tips, and best solutions to ensure a successful migration process with minimal hassle. Also, get professional help if you are not an expert in this to avoid encountering numerous problems while Magento migration.