Are you looking for an eCommerce platform offering robust customization, advanced scaling, superior support, and SEO?
If so, Magento 2 might be a good fit for your business.
Although the 3D cart is an effective eCommerce platform, its limitations can frustrate users.
With its advanced features and capabilities, Magento 2 addresses these issues, thus making it the ideal choice for businesses that wish to differentiate themselves from the competition and increase sales online.
In this blog, we will understand how to migrate from 3D cart to Magento 2 successfully without breaking your site, along with a detailed Magento migration plan.
Let’s get started.
Why Migrate 3Dcart To Magento 2 CMS?
The Magento 2 administration panel has an intuitive interface and robust configuration controls. Because of Magento’s scalability, scalability, and extensive feature set, the software has been gaining popularity rapidly. This platform best suits businesses with complex websites with thousands of categories and products. Moreover, it offers advanced features like page building and drag-and-drop functionality.
In 3DCart, users have limited customization options, which makes it difficult to stand out from competitors while creating a unique online store. In contrast, Magento 2 offers users more extensive customization options, enabling them to create a fully personalized online store with unique design, functionality, and user experience.
Moreover, 3DCart has limitations regarding scalability, which can hinder the growth of large businesses. Magento 2 is a highly scalable platform that is capable of handling large amounts of traffic and data, making it an ideal choice for businesses of all types.
The advanced scalability features of the system allow users to manage their online store’s growth without experiencing performance problems.
Since 3DCart has so many limitations over Magento, store owners may prefer to migrate to Magento 2.
Comparison Between 3Dcart And Magento
Due to its limited free options, 3dcart is far behind Magento in terms of the Top 10K Sites, the Top 100K Sites, the Top 1M Sites, and the Entire Web. Here are the diagrams illustrating our favorite e-commerce platform’s superiority:
Compared to its competitors, Magento has better coverage across 21 domains of websites, including Shopping, Business & Industry, Arts & Entertainment, and Health. Conversely, 3Dcart isn’t ahead of Magento in any website category.
In terms of geographical distribution, Magento leads the way. For more information, check out the map below:
Let’s discuss this in more detail now
1. B2B Functionality
For small, medium, and large businesses, Magento offers 3 editions: Open Source (free), Commerce, and Commerce Cloud (paid). Two paid licenses, among them, include essential B2B features.
While Magento has should-have features for serving your advanced business needs, there is still a jungle of third-party extensions you can choose from.
It is important to note that if you are using Magento Open Source 2, and it does not include the B2B features, you don’t have to worry about it, as there are plenty of Magento 2 B2B extension providers out there that are affordable for you to choose from.
Depending on which provider you choose, the flow for the B2B Solution may differ slightly, but mostly, it follows the primary circuit that complies with the well-known B2B customer journey, which is generally the same.
On the other hand, the best way to activate all the B2B features of 3dcart is to purchase the Shift4Shop B2B eCommerce plan for $379 per month. Overall, the 3dcart B2B plan’s operational flow is almost similar to that of Magento’s, though its extensibility and stability are slightly more limited than that of Magento’s.
There are a lot of differences between 3dcart and Magento when it comes to hosting.
For instance, Magento is a self-hosted platform, meaning you – as users – are required to download and run the software on your own hosting server to begin using the software.
This way, you can enjoy customized functions without sacrificing total ownership and control.
In contrast, 3dcart (Shift4Shop) is a hosted solution. This means that 3dcart manages the entire server. While this solution allows you to publish content quickly and easily, your customization options are limited.
Another disadvantage to using a 3dcart store is the limited number of free themes that are less attractive and less adaptable than those available with a premium account.
Pricing-wise, 3dcart is more competitive than Magento. 3dcart charges around $29/month (minimum), while Magento charges over $1000/month (minimum).
There are pricing plans available for retailers of all sizes at 3Dcart. Smaller online sellers can benefit from features like a site builder and an easy-to-use control panel.
In contrast, larger retailers can choose a comprehensive premium plan or several enterprise plans (for those which turn over millions of dollars).
Concerning Magento, its Open Source edition is totally free. You are only required to pay fees when installing extensions from Magento or other Magento solution providers.
Each provider charges a different fee based on the price of their products.
Switching from Magento Commerce or Commerce Cloud will incur charges, as shown in the following table.
How To Perform 3Dcart To Magento 2 Migration?
Here is a step-by-step guide for migrating 3dcart to Magento 2. The easiest method is based on third-party solutions.
The default import tools of 3dcart are the simplest and most obvious way to migrate between 3dcart and Magento 2.
However, we strongly suggest using a third-party solution for this task, since the default import tools will result in many unpleasant circumstances that cannot be changed.
For instance, some entities cannot be imported manually using the standard Magento 2 tools. Furthermore, using the Magento admin, you cannot map third-party properties or automate data transfers. Therefore, we recommend retailers use a third-party solution to migrate to 3dcart Magento 2 efficiently.
There are a couple of essential requirements for Magento 2 to enable data import seamlessly with 3dcart or other external systems.
- The selected module should support all Magento 2 entities.
- It should automate data transfers.
- The chosen solution should resolve the disparate attribute standards issue.
In other words, many more factors affect each business case. However, Magento 2’s most of the extension integrates all these factors seamlessly to enable automated data transfers.
Thus, this is the solution for a 3dcart to Magento 2 migration and to integrate your store with databases, marketplaces, and customer relationship management systems.
Migrating From 3Dcart To Magento 2 Through Data Files
- From your 3dcart website, you can export products, orders, customers, catalogs, and other entities using XML or CSV files.
- You can use additional solutions from 3Dcart apps if the functionality you’re looking for isn’t available.
You can then import data files from the Magento 2 website using the extension you installed.
- You can create an import job under System > Import / Export > Import Jobs.
- Configure the job under General Settings > Import Settings > Import Behavior > Import Source.
- General Settings: In the Job Title field, you can choose a job title and other options.
- Import Settings: Select a 3dcart entity to import into Magento 2. The Magento 2 extension is designed to modify all the elements on your Magento 2 website: Products, Categories, Customers, Advanced Pricing, Orders, Attributes, Cart Price Rules, CMS Pages, and Blocks. Some of them have other features. For instance, the Import Settings section allows you to remove obsolete categories or product associations.
- Import Behavior: Choose an import behavior choice from the list. Next, add separators and select a validation approach appropriate to Magento 2 3dcart.
- Import Source: Choose the file type and source under Import Source. Configure more settings, submit the data file, and check it.
- Mapping: Convert external 3dcart attributes to Magento 2 attributes. Alternatively, you can use the mapping presets or the matching grid of the extension.
Ensure that each entity has its own separate import job; otherwise, the 3Dcart Magento 2 transfer will not be successful.
Migrating From 3Dcart To Magento 2 Using API
The extension enables users to use an API to connect directly to 3dcart via their new extension module as an alternative method for executing the 3dcart to Magento 2 migration more easily and quickly.
For example, you can use the instructions below to change over from file transfers to REST or SOAP connections:
- You can create a new import job in your Magento 2 admin by going to System -> Improved Import / Export -> Import Jobs.
- It is necessary to configure general settings, import settings, import behavior, and import source configuration. Please note that this is a different process to export data from what we discussed previously.
- General Settings: Enter the job title and other preferences in the General Settings field.
- Import Settings: In the import settings, set “Use API” to “Yes” to enable API transfers for entities migrating from 3dcart to Magento 2.
- Import Behavior: Choose an import behavior and a validating strategy. Select separators to complete this section’s setup.
- Import Source: Select the import file format when migrating data from Magento 2 to 3dcart. The next step involves setting up parameters for REST or SOAP. You can choose either XML or JSON as your source. Validate the data file to finish.
- Mapping: Use presets or a manual grid to map 3dcart attributes to Magento 2. This will prevent further import procedures.
To migrate from 3dcart to Magento 2 using an API, you will need to create a new import job for each entity and run multiple import processes simultaneously.
Magento 2 vs. 3dcart: What platform should you choose?
Who Should use Magento 2?
A smaller business, especially one that needs more coding experience and is on a budget, is best served by 3dcart or another more user-friendly solution instead of Magento because of the complexity of this system.
In short, this platform is most effective when it is used by large corporations and medium-sized companies with sufficient funds to cover the costs of running it.
Who Should use 3D Cart?
This is an excellent solution for those online stores anticipating a fast growth rate and who wish to work with a platform that will scale well and can handle whatever number of customers and sales they will experience over the course of the next few years.
Read also about PSD to Drupal and Magento Conversion
Unlike 3DCart, Magento 2 offers many benefits, including enhanced customization options, superior scalability, robust support, and improved SEO. These features make Magento 2 an excellent choice for businesses that want to start a branded online store, grow, and drive sales.
To ensure a smooth and successful migration process from 3DCart to Magento 2, you should work with an experienced developer. At Wedowebapps, our talented developers can help you easily migrate your online store to Magento 2 and enhance its performance.
With our developers by your side, the migration process will occur as smoothly and efficiently as possible, ensuring your store can run on Magento 2 as soon as possible. Our team can assist you if you want to increase your business’ performance online or expand your customer base.
Get in touch with us today to learn about our migration services and how we can help you.