With the recent announcement a few days back, the Telerik Platform is retiring. This is a sudden blow to many users worldwide. Although it is supporting the platform until May 2018, this blog on Convert Telerik Mobile App to Xamarin Mobile App will demonstrate the Telerik to Xamarin conversion procedure in depth. It consists of the conversion procedure of each platform.
Telerik to Xamarin Conversion – Some Important Considerations
Utilizing the Xamarin UI offers us a lot of benefits. It is an extremely versatile platform that delivers us a better performance on any operating system one is using it on.
However, before beginning with the installation of Xamarin on mobile phones, there is the utmost necessity of determining which platforms will it obtain support. For Android, it requires a version higher than 4.0.3. In the case of iOS, it requires a version higher than 7.0. Additionally, for Windows, it supports the platforms above 8.
Requirements for the System
There are some system requirements for carrying out the proper conversion procedure of Telerik. First of all, one requires Windows 8.1 or Higher for begin with converting the application. Whereas, if one wants to develop the Universal Windows Platform, then it requires Windows 10. There is also a requirement of Visual Studio 2013 to 2017 along with an installer for Xamarin Mobile Application Development.
Procedure for Windows
Here is the process of Telerik to Xamarin conversion on Windows:
- Using the Xamarin.Forms App Adding up the components, one needs to create a new app. Using the Project Wizard, one needs to create the project considering all the setup requirements.
- Getting the SDK Version Update the Xamarin Forms package. After that, update the NuGet Packages.
- Adding references to Telerik With the use of Telerik NuGet Package Server, one needs updating to the latest available version of Xamarin.
- Registering the Renderers
Now, in the last step, the user needs to register the renderers. There are plenty of options available to him to choose from.
Procedure for Mac
Here is the process of Xamarin conversion on Mac:
- Using the Xamarin.Forms App Opening the Xamarin Studion, create a New Solution for the Xamarin Forms app. Keep following the wizards as per their occurrence, until an application is created.
- Getting the SDK Version Update the Xamarin Forms package to the latest available version. Next, restore the NuGet packages.
- Adding references to Telerik
Using the Telerik NuGet Packet Server, update to the latest version of the software. However, this process can also be done manually by adding the required assemblies. There are various types of meetings available for the same.
Registering the Renderers
In this concluding step, the user needs registering the renderers which control the app.
With this compilation on Convert Telerik Mobile App to Xamarin Mobile App, we have given an overview of how easily you can convert Telerik to Xamarin platform services like Xamarin Mobile Application Development. Considering all the available necessary points and steps, this blog will prove to be a perfect guideline for you.