What can be a better way of reaching your audience than being with them on the devices they keep using an entire day?
Mobile apps are outweighing websites because of the device accessibility and ease of usage. If you have a business idea, you will get a notion of launching your mobile App, sooner or later.
The noble features of mobile devices help you get the attention of the users more easily than ever. When you seek app development, you will come across the technology & platform that can be deployed to design your mobile apps. You have to be a little foresighted here with the decision making. Think about the type of audience, the viability of screen size, the benefits you want to leverage & the requirements of your chosen demographics. Thinking about these factors will give you clarity about the type of mobile App you want to get from a Web app, native App or hybrid App.
In this article, we will help you gain a comparative understanding of web apps & native apps.
What are Web Apps?
What are Native Apps?
Native mobile apps are typical mobile applications that you download from the play store/app store on your mobile device. Their design layout can be customized. During testing, you will have the exclusive SDKs for your Android/iOS version that you can test & have published on the play store/app store.
Let’s consider the differentiating factors between the two mobile app variants one-on-one:
- Operational requirement: The space in your mobile device & installed App from the play store/app store is all you need to run a native mobile app. Internet connectivity is not compulsory but can be mandatory for the usage of certain specific features. Unlike native apps, web apps are hosted on the webserver. To run any web app on your mobile, you need an internet connection. The loading speed of web apps will be biased with the strength of the internet connection.
- Performance: Once the native App is installed on your device, the design elements & content is all stored on the device. You can fetch it as and when required from the APIs, which ensures fair processing speed even when you are not connected with the Internet. In contrast, the performance of web apps is compromised based on network connectivity. The data is fetched from the server in the form of a web page as HTML powered UI for web apps. This ensures the reduced processing speed of the web apps. If your app requirement is speed-dependent then, native apps can only help you acquire success with app development.
- Security: With the increase in online fraud, security is considered one of the crucial factors while selecting the type of mobile App you need for your business. When we compare the two, native apps are more secure than web apps since web apps are designed with non-standard programming codes that efficiently run on the web. In comparison, native apps are known to deploy the device’s security features along with the OS updates that boost the performance & aids the security of the App. The device security features like that of the passcode, fingerprint sensor, retina detector help you keep control of the online/offline frauds via apps.
- Scalability & enhancement: For native apps, you think of the feature & a native app development company can have it designed for you. The updates are easy to make & without any restrictions, you can revise your native mobile App with as many features as you like to offer. The native apps are scalable & their UI can be enhanced as per the user’s demand or industry requirements. On the other hand, web apps can only enable the features acceptable in the web version provided by web browsers. If you are planning a static app or simply the web version of your website in terms of ease of accessibility, web apps can be your choice; else, native mobile apps are best.
- Usability of mobile features: When you click on the web app, it will open the web version of your website in the mobile application format. This limits the usage of mobile’s features for web apps. Conversely, native mobile apps are installed on the device. Thus, they have accessibility to the features of mobile devices like camera, passcodes, security sensors, microphone, GPS, etc. Using these features, numerous challenges can be called off & handled with utter ease.
Native app designing is a lot favourable, even in terms of marketing & revenue generation. Unlike native apps, web apps can not be marketed & advertised. When the budget of development is not a concern, native apps will definitely be your choice. Those of you looking for native app development services can write to us at [email protected].